Article provided by: United Transmission LV
Transmission rebuild Henderson
Your car’s transmission system is one of its most essential components. Among other functions, it’s responsible for transferring the power generated by the engine to the wheels and regulating engine speed. If your transmission system develops a fault, your car stops functioning properly, and worse, it could damage the entire engine if you do not fix it in time. Thus, it’s vital to look out for signs that may tell you your car needs transmission rebuild in Henderson.
What are the signs that you need transmission rebuild in Henderson?
It’s not hard to know if there’s a fault with your transmission system. The moment your car starts to drive differently, or you start feeling like your gears are slipping, you should consider taking your vehicle to a local repair shop for proper diagnosis. Below are some of the most common signs that your transmission system needs professional care. Your car repairers may recommend transmission rebuild in Henderson if the fault turns out to be a major one.
- Unusual grinding, humming, or clunking sounds from the engine area. The sound gets worse when the vehicle is in neutral
- Feeling a grinding or thumping sensation rather than a smooth transition when switching gears
- The clutch staying engaged and making grinding noises when trying to shift
- Transmission popping back to neutral or slipping between gears while in motion
- Leaking transmission fluid or burning smell
- A noticeable lag between gear changes
- Steering comes with great difficulty (happens when the transmission fluid level becomes very low)
- Transmission warning light
When should I go for transmission rebuild?
The sooner you take your car for transmission repair, the better. It would be best if you invited your local mechanic or expert transmission repair technicians right when you start noticing any of the symptoms above. If you do not pay adequate attention to seemingly little faults in your transmission system, they could kill your engine before you know it. Admittedly, transmission rebuild in Henderson could be cost intensive. Your mechanic would let you know if it’s possible to delay
How much does transmission rebuild cost?
If your transmission system needs a rebuild or a complete overhaul, you should be ready to spend a few thousand dollars. Below are the major factors that affect the cost of transmission rebuild in Henderson.
- Type of transmission: Manual transmissions are typically cheaper to rebuild than their automatic counterparts.
- Make and model of the vehicle: Standard domestic model vehicles are naturally cheaper to work on than luxury models.
- Age of the vehicle: The age of the car may influence how much you’ll be paying for transmission rebuild in Henderson. The replacement parts for older or classic cars are harder to get and more expensive.
- Auto repair shop: Different shops may charge differently for the same work. However, you shouldn’t simply go to an auto shop because they gave you the cheapest quote. Do your homework and ensure the transmission repair shop you’re planning to visit has experienced technicians that would take adequate care of your car.
Drive in for transmission rebuild in Henderson
Do you need a reliable transmission repair and rebuild shop in Henderson or its environs? United Transmission LV is the transmission specialist you can trust. We have a team of experts that are adept at diagnosing and fixing all kinds of transmission problems. Drive into our shop today, and let’s give your car the treatment it deserves.Transmission Rebuild Henderson
View Larger Map